Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Vanilla Apricot Sorbet

Hey! We need a cool recipe on a sweltering day like today. So I made this one the other day since I had a whole bunch of apricots left over after pureeing some for my daughter. BTW, pureed apricots are very good - who knew?? Anyway, it's really easy even without an ice-cream maker. I am sure you can replace different fruits in this one, but the apricot and vanilla combo seemed to work well this time.  This recipe uses fresh apricots, which are in season now!

Vanilla Apricot Sorbet


2 tablespoons maple syrup
approx. 1/3 C unsweetened almond milk (you can use water here too)
1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
approx. 10 frozen apricots (already washed and pitted, threw them in the freezer a few hrs before I made this)
lemon juice to taste (I probably used 1-2 teaspoons)

Blend all ingredients and eat immediately! Makes several 1/2 cup servings.

Enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. YUM - that sounds super duper refreshing. I don't think I've ever eaten a fresh apricot - blasphemy, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are yummy Amber - you will like them! TJs sells them now...

    ReplyDelete