These are almost as easy as store bought veggie burgers. Okay, so it's easier to just microwave veggie burgers from the store, but for homemade food these really are so easy! I do the prep (dicing veggies) in advance so at dinner time these take minutes to prepare. Veggie burgers are often pretty bland so these spices really seem to give the burgers some oompf! My almost one year old loves black beans (yeah she loves all beans...funny right) so I am going to try these with her soon once she can start eating whole eggs. Seems like a food that can be very baby friendly too. She loves spicy food just like her Ema. It's always a good thing when everyone in the family can eat the same dinner. Especially my meat loving husband.
Black Bean Burgers with a KICK
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 egg
1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or cayenne pepper
dash of salt
1/2 green bell pepper finely diced
1/2 onion finely chopped
2 cloves minced or crushed garlic
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a baking sheet with PAM. Mash beans with a fork until thick and pasty. Stir all other ingredients in and mix. Pour bread crumbs in and mash with your clean hands until the mixture is dense. Divide mix into about 4 medium size burgers. Bake about 10 minutes on each side until browned a little. I am sure you could also prepare these in a pan.
Pairs well with sweet potato fries and avocado. Everything pairs well with sweet potato fries and avocado!
Enjoy :)
Oh my gosh, these sound SO good - I think I'll try them next week!! Thanks!!! Yummmm
ReplyDelete