Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spicy Roasted Chickpeas

Chickpeas are my favorite (bean)! Lately I have been learning how well they go in so many different types of recipes. Here is a great crunchy snack I made up. Good protein nosh at work or just to take on the go! I love spicy food, so I go heavy on the hot pepper flakes but if you don't like too much heat just omit that ingredient.

SPICY ROASTED CHICKPEAS:

1 can chickpeas rinsed and dried very well
1 tsp oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp chili
1/4 tsp sugar
dash hot pepper flakes

Bake at 400 for 35 - 45 min until dry and crispy
Stir once or twice during baking to make sure that it browns evenly.

Keeps for a couple of days in an airtight container.

Enjoy :)

3 comments:

  1. I love roasted chickpeas! I have a similar recipe that I make as munchy food for parties some times. I'll have to try this recipe and compare :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm i totally want to try! such a fab idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh YUM - I looooooooove chickpeas - will try this soon :)

    ReplyDelete