Saturday, April 9, 2011

Vegan Chocolate Mousse

You can never get enough chocolate! Here is a go-to chocolate recipe in our home. I learned it from my mom.  Since I have made it I have experimented with variations, and I listed them below.  It's great watching people's expressions when you tell them that the main ingredient is TOFU! You can't taste it at all! This time around I poured the mousse into a pre-baked pie crust and topped it with chocolate slivers for presentation sake.  Here we go-

Chocolate Mousse:

1 box silken tofu
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Melt chocolate chips until creamy.  Add all ingredients to the food processor and blend until smooth.  Pour into a bowl and let it chill in the fridge for at least two hours before serving.  

Variations:

Chocolate Mousse Pie: pour mousse into a pre-baked 9 inch pie crust and let chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
Mocha Mousse: add 2 tablespoons strong prepared coffee when blending
Peanut Butter Mousse: add 3 tablespoons all natural creamy peanut butter when blending

Hmmm any more ideas? What doesn't go well with chocolate!? May need to experiment with a chocolate banana mousse next time and see how that one goes.


 
Enjoyy......

2 comments:

  1. um.... DELICIOUS!!! I'm trying it like... SOON. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy! And the photo is great too!

    ReplyDelete