Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wild Salmon Burgers

My grandma used to always make tuna burgers when I was growing up. I am not going to lie, the idea of fish in a cake like form made me a little grossed out. So I definitely grew into this love later in life. Now I love any kind of non-meat burger! Especially salmon burgers. These are so easy to make and super healthy. My dad bought me this little veggie chopper gadget at Bed Bath and Beyond for making Israeli salad and I use it all the time for recipes like this that require some diced veggies. Just put the veggies in the cutting tray and close the top and you have a lot of diced veggies without the leg work. Perfect for those of us who do not have the time or who are too lazy to dice veggies. When I used this it takes MINUTES to make a great Israeli salad!











Try serving these burgers up with greek yogurt with a dash of dill instead of sour cream, or with plain old ketchup!

Wild Salmon Burgers

2 cans wild salmon
1/2 cup egg beaters (or two eggs)
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons finely diced green pepper
4 tablespoons whole wheat bread crumbs
dash salt
dash pepper
dash garlic powder
dash cayenne pepper if you like a kick!

Combine all ingredients and mix through. Form into patties. Cook on medium heat on a non-stick frying pan until cooked through and browned on both sides.  This took about 15 minutes or so to cook. Makes 6 medium sized burgers.




 Enjoy!

1 comment: