Happy February! The weather has been so cold and dreary so I have had more incentive to stay in and play in the kitchen. The other day I had too many zucchinis chillin in the fridge so I came up with this. A very healthy alternative to potato pancakes, a Barnett family fave! Zucchini is also a very easy baby food because of it's texture so you can steam some and blend prior to making the pancakes.
To make the prep easiest I chopped up the zucchini in the mini-prep so it wasn't really grated, and the recipe still came out fine. As my grandma used to say, "it all goes to the same place", so who really cares how it looks right!? Here we go:
Zucchini Pancakes
3 grated zucchinis
To make the prep easiest I chopped up the zucchini in the mini-prep so it wasn't really grated, and the recipe still came out fine. As my grandma used to say, "it all goes to the same place", so who really cares how it looks right!? Here we go:
| Aaron is proud of taking this pic! |
Zucchini Pancakes
3 grated zucchinis
1 small chopped onion
1/2 cup eggbeaters (or two eggs)
6 TBSP whole wheat flour
2 TBSP parmesan cheese
salt / pepper
-Mix all the ingredients.
-Make sure to strain the grated zucchini or squeeze the water out with a towel before you toss it together with the other ingredients. The first time I made this I didn't do that and the recipe was too wet. Zucchini is very watery so you want to get a lot of that moisture out first.
-Spray pan with pam and "fry" on medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
-Serve with plain greek yogurt. It tastes just like sour cream!
No comments:
Post a Comment